I dream the craziest things. Music, art, zombies...my mind is always creating. The hardest thing is trying to get my hands to reproduce the things my mind imagines. I'm currently working on a re-vamp of a doll I bought at Goodwill for $1.99. Dolls kind of freak me out, maybe that's why so much of my art involves dolls that are morphed into creatures.
It always starts out so innocently...
 |
"Any last requests Dollie?"
"Uh...yeah, I'll have a smoke please" |
First we perform surgery:
I'm using old hanger wire to insert into the doll's cavity. This doll's body isn't as "hard plastic" as I like them to be, so the wire just adds a little extra stability.
I also decided to fill her with polyurethane foam to give the body some weight.
Then added some silicone glue and crushed pecan shells to make and extra grippy surface for the sculpting clay to adhere to.
Now I will give her a little time to dry before I add more features.
No comments:
Post a Comment